STOP BY AND SAY HI AT OUR NEW LOCATION!
329 W. LONE CACTUS DR.
SUITE # 2
PHOENIX, AZ 85027
Trikes are proving to be all weather machines...
We just got 16" of snow up here. BRRR
E-mail us Tracy@southwesttrikes.com
Dave Bierman and Tracy Sherrill
Welcome back everyone to the “Valley of the Sun”
We hope you all had a safe and happy summer Where ever you all go to get out of the heat. The summer of 2015 has been a very exciting and busy summer. Wildwest Trikes was open this summer and again what a season we had. This was out 3rd year open in the High Country. With the success of the first few years we are looking forward to the next 10.
S Cook of Casper was our 1st Roadsmith Trike Kit at the Dubois location. Her GL1800 was given to her by her father and she picked out the HTS for her conversion.
Jimmy M, and his band of merry misfit’s road up from New Mexico. Brian B from Canada, Donny and Jaylynn from Wyo. The Charles group from Arizona. The Brandel family from Michigan. And the two strangers on their way back from Sturgis. It’s always fun having people stay with us in the cabins and TeePee. Sorry about the bears this year. Working on the trikes and bike is just part of having the opportunity to enjoy friends and provide the needed services and a place to stay while you’re on vacation.
We also became a dealer for the Lees-Ure Lite foldable tent trailers from Canada. These little wonders have kept us busy all summer. Please look them up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ‘One Hero At A Time event in Henderson Nevada was again a huge success. Thank you to Frankie Brown. Joe Salazar, Trevor Campbell and David Bierman for volunteering for back stage security, set up, tear down and equipment hauling. I know how the crew in Henderson appreciates your all night driving and lack of sleep. It make us very proud to have you guys go up and help. The event this year raised over $18.000. Please look up ‘One Hero at a Time” One on Face book. Rick Hillis and his army of voiantiers dedicate thousands of hours to making this event a huge success year after year.
Does anyone know this guy. He left his camera camera in Yellowstone National Park shortly after Sturgis. We think he is from Wisconsin.
Call Tracy 480 951-7171
Spring at Southwest Trikes
Many of our clients have been asking about our Wildwest Trike shop. Wildwest Trikes is the summer home of Southwest Trikes. We pack up what we can, and move to Dubois Wyoming in the summer. Fishing, hiking, long cool summer nights are just some of the reasons. Were located only 60 miles east of the Teton Nation Park. If the name of the town sounds familiar, it may be because it made national news over the New Year of 2014. Our small town of Dubois nearly burnt to the ground. There were so many fantastic volunteers from so far away that helped save it. It’s a very blessed feeling to be part of such a great community. If you’re planning to come to this shop for kit’s or maintenance please be sure to let us know. Hotel, camping or BnB arrangement can be made for you.
If you’re still on the fence about when to do your trike kit now is the time. Summer is coming and things move fast. It takes about 4 weeks to receive a kit in and two to add the trike kit. Southwest Trikes is moving north to the Wildwest Trike location in Dubois Wyoming around mid June. We will be assembling trike kits this summer both here in Arizona and In Wyoming. Please be aware that in the summer, timing is essential to making travel plans. If you want your trike delivered to the mid-west for pick up we will need to know ahead of time. All rocky mountain trikes will be delivered when finished. If you would like to schedule a build over the summer and are not returning until next spring you have a great advantage over everyone else. Time!!
The Trike and bike weather is coming fast. Please don’t put of getting you’re annual checkup before it’s too late. Dave would like you to look at a few things and make sure your ready for summer riding. This will take about an hour to be through
- Tire pressure 42 front 24 back (trike only)
- Tire wear. Look on both sides of the tire. Inside and out. Not just both rear tires. If your tires are more than 6 years old regardless of where they need to be changed
- Air pressure in Motor Trike kits. 30lbs is normal. If they don’t hold pressure over a two day period please call so we can inspect them for leaks.
- Change the oil if you haven’t in the last year.
- Look at you front forks. If you can see an oil line or the fork oil hasn’t been changed in 4 years, now is the time. Old oil or oil leaks can drastically change the steering and the overall ride smoothness. Getting this changed on vacation is no fun.
- Before packing up, check the suggested weight of the manufacturer. Just because it fit’s it doesn’t mean it should ship.
- Look on the ground and under the bike for leeks. This may not be a drip fluids may stick to the frame or body.
- HALEY TRIKES check you motor mounts. It’s very common for these to soften and left unattended can cause serious damage’s and a great deal of expense.
- Gently shake the bike or trike and listed for squeaking and rattling. Really listen closely; even a little movement may suggest an adjustment. Have someone with you to help listen when it running.